What are you installing? Describe the formal qualities of your piece in detail covering the
Describe your System. How was the piece constructed?
○ name your individual unit (ex. plastic spoon)
○ introduce your system (how does it work, what are the rules that
govern the structure of the whole?)
How will it be installed? Describe your installation plan
■ what hardware or tactics will you use to install your piece?
■ what special tools or equipment will you need to do so?
■ in what ways will the piece interact with it’s environment?
● viewer experience/interaction?
A set of interacting or interdependent components forming an integrated whole.
• Systems have a structure defined by their individual components; these
components dictate the composition of the whole.
• Systems have interconnectivity; the various parts of a system have
functional as well as structural relationships to one another.
• Systems often have a set of rules that govern structure (how it comes
together) and behavior