Plaster tools and supplies:
– extra small bottle of WD-40
– 2 and 1/2 quart mixing bucket
– 2 Thin plastic (7-8 mm) drop cloths (hardware store)
– Fine 400-600 grit Wet/Dry sandpaper pack (hardware store)
– Clay tools (fabricated, found, or purchased), small sponge, pin tool, ribs
– N95 particulate respirator mask (hardware store)
– Sur Forms: size aprox. 2” by 1 ½” and 6” by 1 ½” (found in the tool section of the hardware store near saws/clamps/files)
Bill’s Wholesale: specializing in tools, hardware, housewares, gift items and electronics (with many items less expensive than larger chain stores).
Hardware City: locally owned hardware store with friendly staff and a variety of goods.
Orgain Building Supply: carries a variety of supplies including plate glass, plaster and hydrocal. Located at 65 Commerce Street, Clarksville, TN, (931) 647-1567
Habitat for Humanity ReStore: a relatively inexpensive source for architectural salvage, furniture and, at varying times, they could have raw materials such as paint, sheet rubber, glass, etc.
Lowes Home Improvement: two Clarksville locations (1622 Madison Street and 2150 Lowes Drive) this mega-store is a place to wander through the aisles with no particular agenda. By paying attention to an assortment of hardware, piping, anchors, etc…you may find the perfect item(s) for sculptural applications.
Smooth-On: a comprehensive website for everything related to mold-making and casting, Re-Bound 25 brush-on silicone rubber and Algi-Safe brand silca-free alginate are two great products for creating multiples and life-casting.
McMaster Carr: everything.