– Clean and precise cuts and application of glue.
– Stable and free-standing
– Must comfortably hold your full weight while seated
– Meeting the intended function as expressed by the student designer
– Decisions made by you as the artist to unify the final composition using the basic principles and elements of design: space, form, scale, and balance
– Considered as a whole object from all visible sides
As always…concentration and perseverance for the duration of the project’s timeline
Independent Research and active participation in critique. (NO PHONES!)
For the critique you will share your finished chair with the class. We will discuss the process, the final outcome, and how your chair functions as a designed object.